UNDERHOOD™ 70 Air Compressors – Green Series
VMAC Intelligent Digital Controls turn your truck off when you’re not using air and then turn your truck back on when you use air again.
The UNDERHOOD™ 70 – Green Series air compressor system is the best choice for customers who not only have concerns with space and weight on their service trucks, but have concerns with the environmental costs of running their trucks. These powerful rotary screw air compressors are ideal for operating high air demand small to medium sized air tools and have the same benefits as the original UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressor:
- Free up 25 cubic feet
- Reduce truck GVW by up to 260 lbs
- Maximize productivity with up to 70 CFM, 100% of the time
- Avoid frustrating breakdowns and maintenance issues
- Work in any climate
Truck Mounting Kits
VMAC engineers truck mounting kits for the easiest possible installation. Working closely with leading truck manufacturers, VMAC ensures that mounting kits do not affect OEM warranties. Mounting kits available for:
- Ford F-250 to F-750 Power Stroke Diesel
- Ford F-450 to F-750 V10 Gas
- RAM 3500 to 5500 6.7L Cummins Diesel
Some applications are restricted to specific series and/or models. Please confirm compatible vehicles on VMAC’s Application list.
Applications – Common jobs that use the UNDERHOOD™ 70 – Green Series air compressor:
- Municipal fleets
- Commercial tire services
- Utility servicing
- Heavy equipment repair
- 24/7 Oil and gas mobile mechanics
Commonly used air tools – UNDERHOOD™ 70 – Green Series air compressors can be used for:
- 1” impact wrenches
- 60lb jackhammers/pavement breakers
- Backfill tampers
- Vertical/horizontal grinders
- OTR tire inflation
- Many other air tools/applications
Improve fuel economy
UNDERHOOD™ 70 – Green Series air compressors improve fuel economy and save money on fuel every day. VMAC engineers and manufactures the lightest 70 CFM air compressor available; choosing a lightweight air compressor means you’ll be able to add more tools and equipment to your truck, carry more materials, or take advantage of better fuel economy. In addition to fuel savings from weight reduction, you also save fuel costs by reducing truck idle time while on the job. VMAC Intelligent Digital Controls turn your truck engine off when air isn’t needed and turn your truck engine back on when air is needed again.
Decrease engine operating hours
UNDERHOOD™ 70 – Green Series air compressors decrease engine operating hours. The advanced control system allows you to control how long truck engines idle before turning off. This means longer intervals between servicing, extended truck life and decreased overall fleet costs.
Lower truck emissions
UNDERHOOD™ 70 – Green Series air compressors lower truck engine emissions. Anti-idling bylaws or programs can be strictly adhered to by simply programming your air compressor control system to turn off the truck engine. Decreased engine emissions means reduced carbon footprint, and cleaner air for operators to breathe while on the jobsite.
Reduce noise levels
UNDERHOOD™ 70 – Green Series air compressors are the quietest mobile air compressor available. Noise bylaws are no longer a concern as the truck engine automatically idles down when tool use is stopped. After a period (programmable) of no air use, the truck engine turns off. Decreased noise on the jobsite means a safer work environment for workers.
Rotary screw compressor mounts under the truck’s hood with an engineered bracket and belt drive system.
Liquid-to-liquid cooler integrates into truck’s cooling system and mounts under the radiator.
Digital control box and air on-demand throttle control mount in the cab.
AIR/OIL SEPARATOR TANK
Separates compressor oil from compressed air and mounts safely to truck’s frame rail.
Air Compressor Output
Up to 70 CFM*, 175 psi, 100% duty cycle
Air Compressor Type
Belt-driven, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw
Total System Weight (wet)
Approximately 150 lbs (68 kg)
- Easy to use digital control system with adjustable parameters.
- Remote mounted air compressor control panel.
- With sustained periods of no air use, the control system will shut down the truck engine.
- Truck engine auto-restarts with air demand.
- Programmable auto restart of truck engine in cold/hot temperatures or low battery voltage.
- Data logging of error codes.
- Automated service reminders.
Variable speed; adjusts truck engine speed automatically to match air demand.
- Electro-magnetic clutch
- Flashing LED beacon while system in Standby Mode
- Compressor over-temp sensor
- Automatic rapid blow-down valve on tank
- 200 psi pressure relief valve
- Truck drive disable circuit on throttle control
- Truck park brake safety shut-off switch on control box
- Truck hood must be closed for system to start
- Audible warning before truck engine re-start
- Flashing lights while system in Standby Mode
Air Receiver Tank (recommended, not included)
Minimum 10-Gallon Air Receiver Tank – Recommended for proper operation of all functions.
Two years on all major components; VMAC air-ends are covered by VMAC’s Lifetime Limited Warranty; for details, visit www.vmacair.com/warranty.
*Actual maximum CFM output of the air compressor varies by vehicle application. See Application List for details.
After using the amazing UNDERHOOD70-G air compressor on his high-demand roofing jobs, Dale Clozza of Aurora Roofing in Nanaimo, BC, had a lot to say about the efficiency, fuel savings and compact power of one of VMAC's newest, innovative air compressor system - including its ability to TURN HIS TRUCK ON AND OFF as his air tools need airPlay Video