VMAC is a lean organization, focused on continuous improvement of our processes and systems, safety of our coworkers, and a culture built on respect of all coworkers and stakeholders.
VMAC is known for its innovation and technical advancements in manufacturing and engineering. These core competencies are key to our future success and growth.
VMAC strives to employ hard-working people who are highly skilled in their field and can demonstrate a positive, solution-focused, team-player attitude. If you have a track record of excellence in Engineering, Marketing, Trades, Accounting, Supply Chain or Technical Sales, and are interested in building a career with an exciting company that has grown consistently over its 30-year history, please email your resumé.
Attention: VMAC Human Resource Manager at email@example.com.
We update the VMAC careers page regularly with postings for specific positions. Check back regularly to stay updated when new positions come available.
Production Machine Shop Supervisor
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, this full-time position is responsible for the daily management of the production machine shop, scheduling of component manufacture to meet customer demand, programming and operating of CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines.
The applicant must be:
- Assertive self-starter with a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy level with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks, improving efficiency and the quality of processes and products and following the daily Production Schedule prioritizing work accordingly.
- Understanding and following the “Pull” type systems currently in use, load levelling, kan-bans, and Takt times.
- Experience with HAAS and/or Doosan CNC machinery will be a definite asset.
Competitive wages offered with full benefit.
If your experience and qualifications match these requirements, please forward your resume to the HR Manager at one of the following methods:
Mail: 1333 Kipp Road, Nanaimo, BC. V9X 1R3.