- Direct-Transmission Mounted
- Gas Powered
- Hydraulic Driven
- VMAC Product Finder
- OEM Solutions
- Service & Support
- About Us
UNDERHOOD™ 70 Air Compressors
The UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressor system is the best choice for fleet managers and owners with space and weight concerns on their service trucks. The powerful rotary screw air compressor is ideal for operating small to medium sized air tools with high air demand.
VMAC engineers truck mounting kits for the easiest possible installation. Working closely with leading truck manufacturers, VMAC ensures that mounting kits do not affect OEM warranties.
Mounting kits available for:
- Ford F-250 to F-600 Power Stroke Diesel
- Ford F-250 to F-600 Gas
- RAM 2500 to 5500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
- RAM 2500 to 5500 HEMI Gas
- GMC/Chevrolet C/K 2500HD to 3500HD Vortec Gas
- GMC/Chevrolet C4500 to C6500 Duramax Diesel
- International 6.6 L Diesel
Applications – Common jobs that use the UNDERHOOD70 air compressor:
- Commercial tire services
- Utility servicing
- Heavy equipment repair
- Sign installation
- Oil and gas mobile mechanics
Commonly used air tools – UNDERHOOD70 air compressors can be used for:
- 1” impact wrenches
- 60 lb jackhammers/pavement breakers
- Backfill tampers
- Vertical/horizontal grinders
- OTR tire inflation
- Many other air tools/applications
UNDERHOOD™ Air Compressors For Trucks & Vans: Models From 40 CFM Up To 110 CFMIn this video, Darren Darnley from VMAC gives an overview of VMAC’s line of UNDERHOOD air compressor systems. UNDERHOOD air compressors are installed in the engine compartment of the truck or van, making them the best choice for fleet managers and operators concerned with space and weight on their service vehicles.
Make more money and Save Time with UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressorLooking for new ways to save time and make more money in tire service business? Find the secret industry leaders have known for years: the UNDERHOOD™ air compressor systems helps you get to more jobs every day and reduces your average job time by 10 minutes. Time is money and the UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressor system gets you more of both.
Free Up To 25 Cubic Feet On Your Truck Body
UNDERHOOD70 air compressors free up to 25 cubic feet on the truck deck because the air compressor mounts in the engine compartment. In fact, no components get installed on the truck deck, ensuring a clean and professional-looking truck and space for other equipment, tools, or materials.
Reduce Truck GVW By Up To 260 lb
UNDERHOOD70 air compressors reduce truck GVW by as much as 260 lb. Choosing a lightweight air compressor means you’ll be able to add more tools and equipment to your truck, carry more materials, or take advantage of better fuel economy.
Up To 70 CFM*, 100% Of The Time
UNDERHOOD70 air compressors use patented rotary screw technology designed to run at 100% duty cycle without stopping, so operators don’t have to wait for their air compressor to fill up an air receiver tank. This maximizes tool performance and eliminates downtime.
Avoid Frustrating Breakdowns & Maintenance Issues
UNDERHOOD70 air compressors are powered by the truck’s engine. Because they don’t have their own engine that needs constant maintenance, less time and money is spent fixing engine issues, and more time is spent on jobs making money.
Work In Any Climate
UNDERHOOD70 air compressors are proven to work in any extreme climate, chosen as the air compressor of choice in arctic and desert environments. The compressor is protected in the truck's engine compartment, ensuring it starts in any climate every time.
VMAC Air Compressor
Oil-injected rotary screw; up to 70 CFM* @ 100 psi; 100% duty cycle; up to 175 psi
Liquid-to-liquid cooler integrates into truck’s cooling system and mounts under the radiator
LCD for on/off controls; observing system status, service reminders, displays error messages and stores error codes
Air/Oil Separator Tank
Separates compressor oil from compressed air and mounts safely to truck’s frame rail
Variable speed; digital throttle control connects to OBD2 CAN bus connector**; adjusts truck engine speed automatically to match air demand
UNDERHOOD™ 70 Air Compressors Specifications
Air Compressor Output
- Up to 70 CFM* @ 100 psi (175 psi max)
Air Compressor Type
- Belt-driven, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw
Total System Weight (wet)
- Approximately 150 lb (68 kg)
- LCD display
- Service notifications
- Displays error messages and stores error codes
- System temperature
- Variable speed; digital throttle control connects to OBD2 CAN bus connector**; adjusts truck engine speed automatically to match air demand
- Electro-magnetic clutch
- Compressor over-temp sensor
- Automatic rapid blow-down valve on tank
- 200 psi pressure relief valve
- Truck drive disable circuit on throttle control
- Truck park brake safety shut-off switch on control box
- Two years on all major components; VMAC air-ends are covered by VMAC’s Lifetime Warranty (Limited); for details, visit www.vmacair.com/warranty
*Actual maximum CFM output of the air compressor varies by vehicle application. See Application List for details.
**2019+ model year trucks only