- Direct-Transmission Mounted
- Gas Powered
- Hydraulic Driven
- VMAC Product Finder
- OEM Solutions
- Service & Support
- About Us
UNDERHOOD™ 40 Air Compressors – Van Series
The UNDERHOOD™ 40 rotary screw air compressor system is the only solution for commercial vans and operators who use small air tools for light duty applications. It is the only air compressor that solves common safety issues found with traditional air compressors in vans.
VMAC engineers van mounting kits for the easiest possible installation. Working closely with leading van manufacturers, VMAC ensures that mounting kits do not affect OEM warranties.
Mounting kits available for:
- Ford Transit & Transit Connect
- Chevrolet Express
- GMC Savana G Series
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- Freightliner Sprinter
Some applications are restricted to specific series and/or models. Please confirm compatible vehicles on VMAC’s Application List.
Applications – Common jobs that use the UNDERHOOD40 air compressor are:
- Tire servicing
- Utility servicing
- Forklift repair
Commonly used air tools – UNDERHOOD40 air compressors can be used for:
- 3/4“ impact wrenches
- Light chipping hammers
- Die grinders
- Tire inflation
Free Up To 10 Cubic Feet In Your Cargo Area
UNDERHOOD40 air compressors free up to 10 cubic feet in the cargo area because the air compressor mounts in the engine compartment. The only space required in the cargo area is 1.7 cubic feet for a combined air/oil cooler and air/oil separator tank.
Reduce Vehicle GVW By Up To 290 lb
UNDERHOOD40 air compressors reduce van GVW by as much as 290 lb. Choosing a lightweight air compressor means you’ll be able to add more tools and equipment to your van, carry more materials, or take advantage of better fuel economy.
Up To 40 CFM*, 100% Of The Time
UNDERHOOD40 air compressors use patented rotary screw technology designed to run at 100% duty cycle without stopping, so operators don’t have to wait for their air compressor to fill up a large air receiver tank.
Eliminate Common Safety Issues
UNDERHOOD40 – Van Series air compressors are the only 40 CFM air compressors specifically engineered to eliminate safety hazards that van operators face, including lifting injuries, toxic fume exposure, and gas fires inside the cargo area.
VMAC Air Compressor
Oil-injected rotary screw; up to 40 CFM* @ 100 psi; 100% duty cycle; up to 150 psi
The Waste Heat Air Separation Package (WHASP) Tank is an integrated cooler/tank that cools and separates the air/oil mixture and mounts in the cargo area on your van
Easy to read hour meter; on/off controls with indicator light
Two-speed operation; digital throttle control connects to OBD2 CAN bus connector**, automatically modulates engine RPM depending on air usage; high idle adjustment
UNDERHOOD™ 40 Air Compressors - Van Series Specifications
Air Compressor Output
- Up to 40 CFM* @ 100 psi (150 psi max)
Air Compressor Type
- Belt-driven, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw
Total System Weight (wet)
- Approximately 85 lb (38.5 kg)
- Combined air/oil cooler, air/oil separator tank
- 19.75” (l) x 8” (w) x 17.5” (h); 44.5 cm (l) x 20.3 cm (w) x 50.2 cm (h)
- Two-speed operation; digital throttle control connects to OBD2 CAN bus connector**, automatically modulates engine RPM depending on air usage; high idle adjustment
- Easy to read hour meter
On/off controls with indicator light
- Electro-magnetic clutch
- Compressor thermal protection circuit
- Automatic rapid blow-down valve on tank
- 200 psi pressure relief valve
Air Receiver Tank (required, not included)
- Minimum 6-gallon air receiver tank required for best performance
- Two years on all major components; VMAC air-ends are covered by VMAC’s Lifetime Warranty (Limited); for details, visit www.vmacair.com/warranty
*Actual maximum CFM output of the air compressor varies by vehicle application. See Application List for details.
**2019+ model year trucks only