- Direct-Transmission Mounted
- Gas Powered
- Hydraulic Driven
- VMAC Product Finder
- OEM Solutions
- Service & Support
- About Us
UNDERHOOD™ 40 Air Compressors – Truck Series
The UNDERHOOD™ 40 rotary screw air compressor system is the perfect solution for service trucks and operators who use small air tools for light duty applications.
VMAC engineers truck mounting kits for the easiest possible installation. Working closely with leading truck manufacturers, VMAC ensures that mounting kits do not affect OEM warranties.
Mounting kits available for:
- Ford F-250 to F-600 6.7 L Power Stroke V8 Diesel
- Ford F-250 to F-600 7.3 L V8 Gas
- Ford F-250 & F-350 6.2 L Gas
- GMC/Chevrolet C/K 2500HD & 3500HD
- RAM 2500 to 5500 6.7 L Cummins Diesel
Some applications are restricted to specific series and/or models. Please confirm compatible vehicles on VMAC’s Application List.
Applications – Common jobs that use the UNDERHOOD40 air compressor are:
- Tire servicing
- Utility servicing
- Forklift repair
Commonly used air tools – UNDERHOOD40 air compressors can be used for:
- 3/4“ impact wrenches
- Light chipping hammers
- Die grinders
- Tire inflation
Free Up To 23 Cubic Feet On Your Truck Deck
UNDERHOOD40 air compressors free up to 23 cubic feet on the truck deck or cargo area because the air compressor mounts in the engine compartment. The only space required on the truck deck or cargo area is 1.7 cubic feet for a combined air/oil cooler and air/oil separator tank.
Decrease Truck GVW By Up To 290 lb
UNDERHOOD40 air compressors reduce truck GVW by as much as 290 lb. Choosing a lightweight air compressor means you’ll be able to add more tools and equipment to your truck, carry more materials, or take advantage of better fuel economy.
Up To 40 CFM*, 100% Of The Time
UNDERHOOD40 air compressors use patented rotary screw technology designed to run at 100% duty cycle without stopping, so operators don’t have to wait for their air compressor to fill up a large air receiver tank.
VMAC Air Compressor
Oil-injected rotary screw; up to 40 CFM* @ 100 psi; 100% duty cycle; up to 150 psi
Waste Heat Air Separation Package (WHASP) Tank; an integrated cooler/tank that both cools and separates the air/oil mixture
Easy to read hour meter; on/off controls; easy to read
Two-speed operation; digital throttle control connects to OBD2 CAN bus connector**, automatically modulates engine RPM depending on air usage; high idle adjustment
UNDERHOOD™ 40 Air Compressors - Truck Series Specifications
Air Compressor Output
- Up to 40 CFM* @ 100 psi (150 psi max)
Air Compressor Type
- Belt-driven, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw
Total System Weight (wet)
- Approximately 62 lb (28 kg)
- Easy to read hour meter
- On/Off controls with indicator light
- Combined air/oil cooler, air/oil separator tank
- 19.75” (l) x 8.0” (w) x 17.5” (h); 44.5 cm (l) x 20.3 cm (w) x 50.2 cm (h)
- Two-speed operation; digital throttle control connects to OBD2 CAN bus connector**, automatically modulates engine RPM depending on air usage; high idle adjustment
- Electro-magnetic clutch
- Compressor thermal protection circuit
- Automatic rapid blow-down valve on tank
- 200 psi pressure relief valve
Air Receiver Tank (required, not included)
- Minimum 6-gallon air receiver tank required for best performance
- Two years on all major components; VMAC air-ends are covered by VMAC’s Lifetime Warranty (Limited); for details, visit www.vmacair.com/warranty
*Actual maximum CFM output of the air compressor varies by vehicle application. See Application List for details.
**2019+ model year trucks only