Position: Senior Accountant
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports To: Machining Superviso
Posting Date: 27 July 2023
VMAC is seeking to fill one full-time, permanent Senior Accountant, reporting directly to Accounting Manager. The Senior Accountant will work with business and finance leaders to provide a comprehensive review of key financial performance, performance indicators, including measurement against budget, forecast, and identify risks and opportunities. This is your chance to use your skills to develop and deploy your skills through close collaboration with VMAC business partners and other stakeholders and impact the continued growth of the business. The successful applicant will also be responsible for proactively performing deep dive analytics on non-financial data to find anomalies and correlations between non-financial data and financial outcomes to support new corporate initiatives including new products and services or new markets.
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the annual budget preparation and quarterly forecasting processes in close partnership with key stakeholders, department managers (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow) including running various scenarios as required to evaluate the overall impact on earnings, liquidity, and covenants on group of companies.
- Working with the CFO, develop, implement and manage reporting tools including segmented reporting, value stream, operational management reporting and project reporting.
- Analyze and provide financial information to support department managers in understanding financial results.
- Prepare quarterly MD&A and financial reports for presentation to the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team and Shareholders.
- Develop and maintain project reporting for ongoing Research and Development activities, SRED projects and other operational projects/new products and the related tax implications.
- Support and drive certain grant and funding applications or reporting requirements (NRC-IRAP) or other similar funding as it relates to ongoing and new projects.
- Be point of first contact for development team in assessment and analysis of new products, new markets and financial impacts to business.
- Working with the CFO, maintain the capital and cash flow budgeting and forecasting for group of companies.
- Recommending improvements to financial planning and analysis processes.
- Assisting in financial modeling and development of scenario planning.
- Produce regular reports for banks and other regulatory bodies as required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with 4-8 years of experience in Financial Analysis.
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.
- Previous project management experience considered an asset.
- Use of Business Intelligence Software, Power BI and Tableau considered an asset.
- Experience working with an ERP system and a financial planning system.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
If your experience and qualifications match these requirements, please click the Apply Now button below and send your resume to our HR Department.