Position: Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Posting Date: 02 November 2023
The Maintenance Technician, under the general direction of Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for performing general maintenance and repair for VMAC Global Technology Inc. The Maintenance Technician completes general carpentry, electrical repair, and maintenance work as required. This position also performs basic repairs and maintenance on the mechanical operating systems found within the organization. The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring buildings/facilities and site property are maintained in a safe, clean, and sanitary condition.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance tasks as required.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment while performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Participate in various aspects of building maintenance requirements, including updates and new constructions.
- Prepare, paint, and decorate interior and exterior surfaces as required.
- Operate grounds-keeping power equipment and maintain external property.
- Perform minor construction work, e.g., dismantling and erecting walls, finishing carpentry work, pouring concrete, etc.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain various electrical components, appliances, and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventive maintenance program, and departmental procedures.
- Repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security.
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Initiate safety concerns and makes judgment on the best methods of completing tasks.
- Perform basic maintenance and repairs on the various mechanical operating systems found within the company including furnace systems, air conditioning systems, etc.
- Change furnace and air conditioning filters as needed.
- Replace broken windows, repair doors, door locks and closets, install/replace window blinds, etc.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary school diploma in a related field or completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent. Preference may be given to candidate with a Red Seal in a related field.
- Previous work experience in building maintenance considered an asset.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
Expected Pay Range
If your experience and qualifications match these requirements, please click the Apply Now button below and send your resume to our HR Department.