The International Organization of Standardization (ISO) has recently awarded VMAC the ISO 9001:2015 certification. This respected certification recognizes companies for outstanding quality management systems (QMS) and standardization.
Benefits to Choosing an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Supplier
When choosing a supplier, be it for air compressors, multi-power systems, or something entirely different, it’s important to ensure you’re selecting the best option for your business. There are many benefits to choosing an ISO 9001 certified supplier, all of which improve customer satisfaction. Below are the top five reasons you will benefit from working with an ISO 9001 registered company.
- ISO 9001 outlines the criteria for an organization’s quality management system, which drives standardization. Standardization results in a quality product each time that meets the required specifications; customers can expect the same exceptional products and services every time.
2. On-Time Delivery
- With standardization comes efficiency, resulting in on-time delivery of products and services. An ISO certified company already has processes in place to calculate lead times and coordinate each step in the process from the initial order to the delivery of the product. These systems and relationships with trusted shipping companies result in fewer unexpected delays.
3. Cost Reduction
- In addition to standardization and QMS, ISO 9001 focuses on continuous improvement in refining processes. In the case of manufacturing, ISO 9001 companies are constantly looking for ways to eliminate waste and operate more efficiently to deliver more value to customers.
- Having a QMS in place results in reliable products, meaning fewer failures, compared to those that don’t. Whether it be reliable parts, equipment, or customer service, standardization and quality management sets a company up for success in its deliverables. And if there are inconsistencies, an ISO 9001 certified company already has a process set up to identify and resolve the issue, plus improve the process to prevent the problem from replicating itself.
5. Improved Customer Satisfaction
- Each of the above reasons result in improved customer satisfaction—the guiding principle of ISO is to ensure the quality of the products and services being offered consistently improves and meets the needs of customers.
Choosing an ISO 9001 certified company offers many benefits to you and your company, though we’ve just listed the top five. Visit the International Organization of Standardization’s website to learn more about ISO 9001.