VMAC is a lean organization, focused on continuous improvement of our processes and systems, safety of our coworkers, and a culture built on respect of all coworkers and stakeholders.
VMAC is known for its innovation and technical advancements in manufacturing and engineering. These core competencies are key to our future success and growth.
VMAC strives to employ hard-working people who are highly skilled in their field and can demonstrate a positive, solution-focused, team-player attitude. If you have a track record of excellence in Engineering, Marketing, Trades, Accounting, Supply Chain or Technical Sales, and are interested in building a career with an exciting company that has grown consistently over its 30-year history, please email your resumé.
Attention: HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We update the VMAC careers page regularly with postings for specific positions. Check back regularly to stay updated when new positions come available.
Position Title: Engineering Manager
(Posting Date: July 30, 2018)
VMAC Global Technology Inc. is the leading manufacturer of mobile compressed air systems distributing innovative products around the world. With a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and as an ISO 9001 certified company, VMAC is committed to providing unbeatable value and service to its customers as well as providing a safe, respectful and collaborative environment to its coworkers. VMAC is a vertically integrated manufacturing company with processes ranging from non-ferrous foundry to finished product including engineering and technical support.
VMAC is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with an extensive background, preferably in mechanical engineering, capable of leading teams to success. The team of skilled and engaged coworkers comprises mechanical and electrical engineers, technologists and prototype machinists. Reporting directly to the president, the manager is ultimately responsible for Engineering support processes and product development of all VMAC’s products to uphold VMAC’s reputation as the most innovative and reliable mobile compressed air provider.
The position requires the candidate to be capable of leading, coaching and supporting a team managing multiple projects through a dynamic and agile design process from conceptualization through to implementation, commercialization and support. The manager is required to be engaged in continuous improvement and support of both internal and external customers. Applying a working knowledge of industrial manufacturing processes and equipment the incumbent must develop methods to balance cost, timeliness and customer value.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
• Be an engaged member of the company’s LEAN culture promoting continuous improvement, respect and engagement of all coworkers.
• Drive VMAC’s technological innovation, development and product improvement.
• Collaborate with reports, peers and senior management to achieve strategic and product goals.
• Lead by example, set, monitor and coach standards of performance for Engineering.
• Work directly with customers and the sales and marketing teams to ensure new and existing product lines are providing value to the customer.
• Motivate, coach, recruit and support engineering team.
• Act as technical liaison with internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Work with Engineering leads to monitor project progress, timelines, budgets and communicate status to stakeholders throughout the duration of a project.
• Ensure quality through effective testing, DFMEA, and design standards.
• Consider the full product life-cycle during design addressing reliability and serviceability requirements.
• Provide technical guidance in relation to engineering principles and product development techniques.
• Ensure full compliance of internal processes and strive to continuously improve them
• Support and encourage collaboration with the manufacturing group.
• Prepare, monitor, forecast and update departmental budget on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum 10 Years of engineering leadership experience with track record of building and supporting collaborative engineering team.
• Engineering degree.
• Demonstrated transferable design skills.
• Not afraid to roll up sleeves, work on equipment and support team if needed.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• High-energy work ethic, independent and self-managing, strong initiative as well as a positive, collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
• Relevant experience in mechanical product manufacturing environment.
• Applied project management skills.
• Lean manufacturing training or experience is an asset.
• Experience with agile product development.
• Experience with air compressors systems is an asset.
• Experience in automotive related industry an asset.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé to the HR Department.