VMAC is a lean organization, focused on continuous improvement of our processes and systems, safety of our coworkers, and a culture built on respect of all coworkers and stakeholders.
VMAC is known for its innovation and technical advancements in manufacturing and engineering. These core competencies are key to our future success and growth.
VMAC strives to employ hard-working people who are highly skilled in their field and can demonstrate a positive, solution-focused, team-player attitude. If you have a track record of excellence in Engineering, Marketing, Trades, Accounting, Supply Chain or Technical Sales, and are interested in building a career with an exciting company that has grown consistently over its 30-year history, please email your resumé.
Attention: VMAC Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We update the VMAC careers page regularly with postings for specific positions. Check back regularly to stay updated when new positions come available.
We require an experienced logistics clerk to work in our fast-paced, physically and mentally active manufacturing environment. This position will suit someone with high-energy and enthusiasm that can work efficiently within a small team. Emphasis for this position is on quality, responsibility, and accuracy with strict time constraints.
- Complete carrier waybills (computer or hand generated) in accordance with Supply chain /and or sale department instructions for shipments.
- Complete customs documentation as required
- Package goods, assemblies or kits as required
- Coordinate with production department on pending orders to be shipped
- Shipping and tracking of parts and products – outbound
- Coordinate the transportation of inbound shipments, and recommend the best shipping methods for each situation
- Coordinates the return of goods (RMA) while maintaining receipt records
- Ensure compliance with CCRA, Homeland Security, NAFTA, CTPAT, FAST, AMPS and others as required by law,
- Adheres to and creates policy and procedures for shipping department
- Manage domestic and international carriers for the maximum benefit of the company and its customers
- Ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for packaging and distributing goods
- Prepare reports as required
- Evaluates and recommends packaging requirements for VMAC products
- Participate in periodic physical inventory counts
- Liaise with other departments internally and externally to ensure customer satisfaction
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related experience
- Good understanding of export regulations
- Strong understanding of freight types, sizes, rates and rating methods
- Solid knowledge of geography and transportation methods, equipment and processes.
- Exemplary customer services skills, in person, over the phone and over email.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, sometimes urgent environment with a proven ability to remain calm
- Understands the importance of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong organizational and exceptional planning skills with the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines;
- Strong abilities with MS Office Exceptional Excel skills;
- Be well-versed in supply management principles and practices
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
If your experience and qualifications match these requirements, please forward your resume by February 28, 2018 to: the Human Resources Manager or send an email to email@example.com.