Diesel Driven Air Compressors
The VMAC diesel driven air compressor is the best choice for customers who need the performance of a truck engine-driven air compressor, without running the truck.
Engine idle reduction is important to decrease emissions, save fuel and maintenance costs, and extend truck and equipment life. Another way VMAC reduces engine idling is with the most intelligent control system available, automatically shutting the compressor engines off when air isn’t needed, and restarting the compressor engine when air is needed.
Applications – Common jobs that use the compressor system:
- Mobile heavy duty mechanics
- Mobile tire service technicians
- 24/7 roadside repair technicians
- Remote jobsites (when skid-mounted)
Commonly used tools:
- 1” impact wrenches
- 60 lb jackhammers
- Backfill tampers
- Vertical/horizontal grinders
- OTR tire inflation
60 CFM. 100% of the time.
The VMAC D60 diesel powered air compressor includes a patented direct-driven rotary screw air compressor designed to produce 60 CFM, 100% of the time, so operators don’t have to wait for their air compressor to fill up an air receiver tank. This maximizes tool performance and eliminates downtime.
Decrease truck GVW by up to 350 lbs.
Weighing just 450 lbs, the VMAC D60 diesel driven air compressor is up to 350 lbs lighter than comparable air compressors. This is because VMAC designs systems with lightweight materials and integrated components. Choosing a lightweight air compressor means you’ll be able to add more tools and equipment to your truck, carry more materials, or take advantage of better fuel economy.
Reduce truck idling.
What makes the VMAC D60 diesel air compressor so intelligent is the digital control system. The control system automatically idles the Kubota diesel engine up and down and turns it on and off with air demand. This means fewer emissions and less noise on the job site. And since the truck engine can remain off while using the air compressor, fleet managers can save on truck maintenance and fuel costs. Another important benefit of the advanced control system is built-in cold and hot climate protection, keeping the D60 running in most extreme climates.
Save truck maintenance and fuel costs.
VMAC’s powerful diesel driven air compressors reduce truck maintenance and fuel use by allowing you to turn your truck engine off while on the jobsite. The control system not only automatically idles the compressor’s engine up/down with air demand, it also turns the engine off/on with air demand. This function, along with the lightweight design of the diesel driven air compressor helps improves fuel economy while driving and on the jobsite.
Easy to use and service.
VMAC diesel air compressors are easy to use, access and service. Systems can be integrated into the truck or can remain self-contained so they can be easily transferred from truck to truck. Digital controls and LCD allow easy adjustment of system settings and provide service reminders to operators.
Reliable engine and compressor.
VMAC diesel driven air compressors work in extreme climates across North America with built-in cold/hot climate protection and an optional factory-installed cold climate kit. Systems are powered by Kubota, the most reliable and common compact diesel engine on the market. Patented direct-driven rotary screw air compressors are manufactured by VMAC, and include a VMAC Lifetime Warranty.
OPTIONAL COLD CLIMATE MODEL AVAILABLE
Includes battery jump-start connections for vehicle battery tie-in; 110V AC Cold Climate Heaters
KUBOTA DIESEL D902 ENGINE
3-cylinder, naturally aspirated,3,600 RPM, Tier 4 Final
Included Group 51 12V, 460 CCA, 575 CA
OPTIONAL FUEL TANK
AIR/OIL SEPARATOR TANK
Separates compressor oil from compressed air
VMAC AIR COMPRESSOR
Oil-injected rotary screw; direct-driven; 60 CFM @ 100 psi; 100% Duty Cycle; Up to 150 psi
DIGITAL CONTROL BOX
Controls system operation and stored settings
DIGITAL DISPLAY BOX
LCD for on/off controls, observing system status and adjusting parameters; mounts where needed on truck
Air Compressor Output
60 CFM @ 100 psi (150 psi max)
Air Compressor Type
Direct-driven, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw
Kubota Diesel D902 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated 3600 rpm, Tier 4 Final
Approximately 450 lbs (204 kg)
34.5” (l) x 18” (w) x 28” (h) ; 87.6 cm (l) x 45.7 cm (w) x 71.1 cm (h)
Decibels (dB) @ 20 feet (6.1 meters)
83 dB @ high idle; 76 dB @ low idle; 0 dB @ Standby Mode
AC Delco 12V, 460 CCA, 575 CA
- Easy to use digital control system with adjustable parameters
- Remote mounted air compressor digital display box
- With sustained periods of no air use, the control system will shut down the engine
- Programmable auto restart in cold temperature or low battery voltage
- Engine auto-restarts with air demand
Data logging of error codes
- Automated service reminders
- 2-speed throttle, responds to air demand
- Audible warning before system starts
- Flashing light while system in Standby Mode
- Automatic rapid blow-down valve on tank
- 200 psi pressure relief valve
- Engine and compressor over temperature shutdown
- Low fuel warning with optional fuel tank
- Air filter restriction warning
Cold Climate Protection
- Adjustable glow plug control.
- Engine and compressor will wait till the temperatures are above 41°F (5°C) before loading and going into a running state.
- Engine will automatically restart when system temperature falls below 23°F (-5°C); small heat strip included in LCD Digital Control Box.
- Optional Cold Climate Model – Includes factory-installed 110VAC Cold Climate Heaters, tested to -40°F (-40°C); Vehicle battery tie-in connections to trickle charge the vehicle batteries while running.
Fuel Supply Options (not included)
- 7-Gallon tank with fuel gauge and low fuel shut-off sensor
- External diesel fuel pump kit
Air Receiver Tank (recommended, not included)
Minimum 6-Gallon Air Receiver Tank – Recommended for proper operation of all functions.
- Two years on all major components; VMAC air ends are covered by VMAC’s Lifetime Warranty; the Kubota engine is covered by Kubota’s 2-Year Warranty.
- For more information about VMAC’s or Kubota’s warranty policies, visit www.vmacair.com/warranty
Watch a skilled serviceman at Kal Tire easily move through a job with the help of the VMAC 60 CFM Diesel Driven Air Compressor System. The VMAC 60 CFM Diesel Driven Air Compressor is a key piece of equipment for many Kal Tire locations, providing the power and air capacity they require.Play Video
Take a step by step walk through the easy use of our compact, powerful diesel driven air compressor created specifically for the mobile market. The 60 CFM Diesel Driven Air Compressor monitors your air usage and turns itself off when you are doing work without air tools, saving on fuel costs as well as reducing your green footprint, and the advanced control systems automatically recognizes when you are using air and re-starts the engine and compressor, without you having to do anything but use your equipment.Play Video
After using VMAC's 60 CFM Diesel Driven Air Compressor for over a year, Kade Van Shaik of Highway Tire in Nanaimo, BC, had a lot to say about the efficiency, fuel savings and compact power of VMAC's newest innovative air compressor system.Play Video