Diesel Driven Air Compressors
Applications – Common jobs that use the compressor system:
- Mobile heavy duty mechanics
- Mobile tire service technicians
- 24/7 roadside repair technicians
- Remote jobsites (when skid-mounted)
Commonly used tools:
- 1” impact wrenches
- 60 lb jackhammers
- Backfill tampers
- Vertical/horizontal grinders
- OTR tire inflation
Save truck maintenance and fuel costs.
VMAC diesel driven air compressors reduce truck maintenance and fuel use by allowing you to turn your truck engine off while on the jobsite. The control system not only automatically idles the compressor’s engine up/down with air demand, it also turns the engine off/on with air demand. This function, along with the lightweight design of the diesel driven air compressor helps improves fuel economy while driving and on the jobsite.
Easy to use and service.
VMAC diesel driven air compressors are easy to use, access and service. Systems can be integrated into the truck or can remain self-contained so they can be easily transferred from truck to truck. Digital controls and LCD allow easy adjustment of system settings and provide service reminders to operators.
Reliable engine and compressor.
VMAC diesel driven air compressors work in extreme climates across North America with built-in cold/hot climate protection and an optional factory-installed cold climate kit. Systems are powered by Kubota, the most reliable and common compact diesel engine on the market. Patented direct-driven rotary screw air compressors are manufactured by VMAC, and include a VMAC Lifetime Warranty.
Click on the components image for a 3D View of the D60 Diesel Driven Air Compressor.
OPTIONAL COLD CLIMATE MODEL AVAILABLE
Includes battery jump-start connections for vehicle battery tie-in; 110V AC Cold Climate Heaters
KUBOTA DIESEL D902 ENGINE
3-cylinder, naturally aspirated,3,600 RPM, Tier 4 Final
Included Group 51 12V, 460 CCA, 575 CA
OPTIONAL FUEL TANK
AIR/OIL SEPARATOR TANK
Separates compressor oil from compressed air
VMAC AIR COMPRESSOR
Oil-injected rotary screw; direct-driven; 60 CFM @ 100 psi; 100% Duty Cycle; Up to 150 psi
DIGITAL CONTROL BOX
Controls system operation and stored settings
DIGITAL DISPLAY BOX
LCD for on/off controls, observing system status and adjusting parameters; mounts where needed on truck
|Air Compressor:||Up to 60 CFM, 150 psi, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw, direct driven|
|Engine:||Kubota Diesel D902 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated 3600 rpm, Tier 4 Final|
|Weight (wet):||Approximately 450 lbs (204 kg)|
|Dimensions:||34.5” (l) x 18” (w) x 28” (h); 87.6 cm (l) x 45.7 cm (w) x 71.1 cm (h)|
|Throttle Control:||2-speed throttle, responds to air demand|
|Battery:||Integrated ACDelco 12 V, 460 CCA, 575 CA|
|Cold Climate Protection:|
|Decibels (dB) @ 20 feet (6.1 meters):||83 dB at high idle, 76 dB at low idle, 0 dB in Standby Mode|
|Fuel Supply Options:|
|Air Receiver Tank (recommended, not included):||Minimum 6-Gallon Air Receiver Tank - Recommended for proper operation of all functions.|
- Take a step by step walk through the easy use of our compact, powerful diesel driven air compressor created specifically for the mobile market. The 60 CFM Diesel Driven Air Compressor monitors your air usage and turns itself off when you are doing work without air tools, saving on fuel costs as well as reducing your green footprint, and the advanced control systems automatically recognizes when you are using air and re-starts the engine and compressor, without you having to do anything but use your equipment.
- Watch a skilled serviceman at Kal Tire easily move through a job with the help of the VMAC 60 CFM Diesel Driven Air Compressor System. The VMAC 60 CFM Diesel Driven Air Compressor is a key piece of equipment for many Kal Tire locations, providing the power and air capacity they require.
- After using VMAC's 60 CFM Diesel Driven Air Compressor for over a year, Kade Van Shaik of Highway Tire in Nanaimo, BC, had a lot to say about the efficiency, fuel savings and compact power of VMAC's newest innovative air compressor system.