Direct-Transmission Mounted PTO Driven Multi-Power System
The VMAC DTM70-H Multi-Power System is a direct-transmission mounted PTO driven air compressor with hydraulic pump.
This system is the best choice for customers who are concerned with saving space and reducing weight on their service trucks, and who need both air and hydraulic power at the same time. This multi-power system allows customers to operate small to medium sized air tools, as well as a hydraulic crane or other equipment simultaneously. The system is designed for the Ford F250 to F550 Super Duty 6.7L Power Stroke diesel 4×2 and 4×4 work truck with TorqShift™ Automatic Transmission. Truck Mounting Kits VMAC designs truck mounting kits for the easiest possible installation. Working closely with leading truck manufacturers, VMAC ensures that mounting kits do not affect OEM warranties.
Mounting kits available for:
- Ford F-250 to F-550 Power Stroke Diesel
Some applications are restricted to specific series and/or models. Please confirm compatible vehicles on VMAC’s Application list.
Applications – Common jobs that use the DTM70-H multi-power system:
- Commercial tire services
- Utility servicing
- Heavy equipment repair
- Sign installation
- Mechanics trucks
- Hydraulic crane trucks
- Telescopic cranes
Commonly used air tools – VMAC DTM70-H systems can be used for:
- 1” impact wrenches
- 60 lb jackhammers/pavement breakers
- Backfill tampers
- Vertical/horizontal grinders
- OTR tire inflation
- Many other air tools/applications
Variable Air & Steady Hydraulics – One PTO
Use variable air power and steady hydraulic power at the same time, when mounted on 2020+ MY Ford diesel trucks with a single PTO port. The DTM70-H uses a priority valve to divert excess hydraulic flow, which allows you to get up to 65 CFM* of compressed air on demand—while simultaneously providing the consistent hydraulic power you need.
Fixed & Variable Operating Modes
The DTM70-H allows operators with 2020+ model year trucks to switch between fixed and variable modes, which reduces engine RPM and minimizes fuel consumption, resulting in fewer emissions and less noise on the job site. Fixed mode maintains a pre-set low engine RPM for running hydraulic equipment and provides a steady rate of compressed air. Variable mode enables engine RPM to increase and decrease automatically based on air demand, while still maintaining steady hydraulic flow. Both modes enable hydraulic equipment to operate at their required speeds.
Decrease Truck GVW By Up To 600 LB
The DTM70-H frees up truck GVW by as much as 600 lb, with no air receiver tank to mount on the truck deck and 50% smaller hydraulic tank sizes required compared to other hydraulic systems. The total system weight is only 180 lb, allowing you to add taller tool cabinets, carry more materials or equipment or take advantage of improved fuel economy while driving to the jobsite.
30% Faster Installations
The DTM70-H is application-engineered for 2017+ Ford F250 to F550 Super Duty work trucks with 6.7L Power Stroke diesel, and TorqShiftTM Automatic Transmission (4×4 or 4×2). No modifications are required to the Ford transfer case. No drive shafts are required, which can cause alignment issues. The system also allows for reduced hydraulic plumbing, fittings and hoses compared to other deck-mounted hydraulic air compressors.
The DTM70-H control system integrates with standard crane controls and allows for continuous simultaneous operation of both the air compressor and hydraulic pump. Actual maximum CFM and GPM output varies based on truck model year, engine RPM, hydraulic pump size, and operating mode.
Free up to 13 cubic feet
The DTM70-H multi-power system frees up to 13 cubic feet on the truck deck because the air compressor mounts to the transmission, and the rest of the system mounts under the truck. In fact, no components get installed on the truck deck which ensures a clean and professional looking truck, and space for other equipment, tools or materials.
Avoid frustrating breakdowns and maintenance issues
The DTM70-H air compressor is powered by a CHELSEA®PTO mounted on the truck’s transmission. Because there is no secondary engine that needs constant maintenance, less time and money is spent on fixing engine issues and more time is spent on jobs making money.
Work in any climate
The DTM70-H multi-power system is proven to work in any extreme climate. With an integrated automatic heater, the system is ready to work when you are.
*Actual maximum CFM and GPM output varies based on truck model year, engine RPM, hydraulic pump size, and operating mode.
Easy access for setup/adjustment
AIR/OIL SEPARATOR TANK
Separates compressor oil from compressed air and mounts safely to the truck’s frame rail
LCD for on/off controls; observing system status, displays error messages and stores error codes
REMOTE HEAVY DUTY AIR FILTER
Remotely installed on truck for easy accessibility; excludes 2020+ MY Ford Trucks
VMAC AIR COMPRESSOR
VMAC oil-injected rotary screw; Up to 70 CFM @ 100 psi; 100% duty cycle; up to 175 psi
Includes 250 W modified Sine Wave Inverter and wiring harness
Liquid-to-liquid cooler integrates into truck’s cooling system and mounts under the truck’s radiator
PRIORITY VALVE (2020+ MY trucks only)
Diverts excess hydraulic flow to reservoir tank
Unique patent pending design that provides the best in class noise reduction and unprecedented torque capacity of 200-300 Ft. Lbs.
Various pump options available; 2.5 GPM – 14.9 GPM; see specifications for pump options
Air Compressor Output
- Up to 70 CFM* @ 100 psi (2017-2019 Ford)
- Up to 65 CFM* @ 100 psi (2020+ Ford)
- *Actual CFM output dependent on truck model year, engine RPM, and operating mode (see chart below)
Air Compressor Type
PTO driven, direct-transmission mounted, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw
Approximately 180 lb (81.6 kg)
CHELSEA® PTO; electrically actuated, PTO indicator lamp
- CHELSEA® 249 Series (2017-2019 Ford)
- CHELSEA® 210 Series (2020+ Ford)
Hydraulic Pump Options
- 3.5 GPM – 14.9 GPM* (2017-2019 Ford)
- 2.5 GPM – 8.0 GPM* (2020+ Ford)
- *Actual GPM output dependent on truck model year, hydraulic pump, engine RPM, and operating mode (see chart below)
2017-2019 Model Years:
- 2 throttle control set-points available
- Adjustable up to 2,700 RPM
2020+ Model Years:
- Two Operating Modes: variable and fixed; includes toggle switch to switch modes
- Fixed Mode: Engine RPM stays constant at engine RPM set-point (factory pre-set 1,250, +/- 250 RPM)
- Variable Mode: Engine RPM increases and decreases automatically based on air demand (up to max RPM for the pump)
- Both modes allow for simultaneous operation of both the air compressor and hydraulic pump
- On/Off function of PTO and compressor
- Operating mode toggle switch on PTO indicator panel
- LCD display
- Service notifications
- Allows for simultaneous operation of both the air compressor and hydraulic pump
- Error messages
- System temperature
- Compatible with start/stop crane modules
- Automatic compressor heater function
- Compressor over-temp sensor
- Automatic rapid blow-down valve on tank
- 200 psi pressure relief valve
- Truck drive disable circuit on throttle control
- Truck park brake safety shut-off switch on control box
- Priority valve diverts excess hydraulic flow to reservoir tank (2020+ MY trucks only)
- Two years on all major components; VMAC air-ends are covered by VMAC’s Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Chelsea PTO is covered by Parker Chelsea Two Year Warranty; Chelsea Pumps are covered by Parker Chelsea 18-Month Warranty
- For details visit www.vmacair.com/warranty
Watch the VMAC DTM70-H power an IMT 7500 Telescopic Hydraulic Crane while simultaneously producing 40 CFM of air power. This demo video was recorded at Lodi Truck Equipment in West Sacramento, California, after installing it on a Ford Super Duty Diesel truck for customer Phil Fanelli, of Heavy Equipment Repair.Play Video
See how VMAC’s DTM70-H control system seamlessly integrates with an IMT radio remote crane control, allowing operators to easily control the crane and simultaneously run air tools. VMAC’s DTM70-H control system has been designed to integrate with various standard crane controls to allow for easy and simultaneous operation.Play Video