UNDERHOOD™ 70 Air Compressors
Truck Mounting Kits VMAC engineers truck mounting kits for the easiest possible installation. Working closely with leading truck manufacturers, VMAC ensures that mounting kits do not affect OEM warranties. Mounting kits available for:
- Ford F-250 to F-550 Power Stroke Diesel
- Ford F-250 to F-550 Gas
- Dodge/RAM 2500 to 5500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Dodge/RAM 2500 to 5500 Hemi Gas
- GMC/Chevrolet 2500HD to 3500HD Vortec Gas
- GMC/Chevrolet 2500HD to 3500HD Duramax Diesel
- International Terrastar Maxxforce 7 Diesel
- Sterling 4500-5500 Cummins Diesel
- Toyota Landcruiser 4.2L Diesel
- Jeep J8 2.8L Diesel
For a complete application list, click here.
Applications - Common jobs that use the UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressor:
- Commercial tire services
- Utility servicing
- Heavy equipment repair
- Sign installation
- Oil and gas mobile mechanics
Commonly used air tools – VMAC UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressors can be used for:
- 1” impact wrenches
- 60 lb jackhammers/pavement breakers
- Backfill tampers
- Vertical/horizontal grinders
- OTR tire inflation
- Many other air tools/applications
Free up to 25 cubic feet on your truck body
VMAC UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressors free up to 25 cubic feet on the truck deck because the air compressor mounts in the engine compartment. In fact, no components get installed on the truck deck which ensures a clean and professional looking truck, and space for other equipment, tools or materials.
Reduce truck GVW by up to 260 lbs
VMAC UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressors reduce truck GVW by as much as 260 lbs. Choosing a lightweight air compressor means you’ll be able to add more tools and equipment to your truck, carry more materials, or take advantage of better fuel economy.
Up to 70 CFM. 100% of the time.
VMAC UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressors use patented rotary screw technology designed to run at 100% duty cycle without stopping, so operators don’t have to wait for their air compressor to fill up an air receiver tank. This maximizes tool performance and eliminates downtime.
Avoid frustrating breakdowns and maintenance issues
VMAC UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressors are powered by the truck’s engine. Because they don’t have their own engine that needs constant maintenance, less time and money is spent on fixing engine issues and more time is spent on jobs making money.
Work in any climate
VMAC UNDERHOOD™ 70 air compressors are proven to work in any extreme climate, chosen as the air compressor of choice in arctic and desert environments. The compressor is protected under the hood of the truck, ensuring it starts in any climate every time.
Rotary screw compressor mounts under the truck’s hood with an engineered bracket and belt drive system.
Liquid-to-liquid cooler integrates into truck’s cooling system and mounts under the radiator.
Digital control box and air on-demand throttle control mount in the cab.
AIR/OIL SEPARATOR TANK
Separates compressor oil from compressed air and mounts safely to truck’s frame rail.
|Air Compressor Output:||Up to 70 CFM* @ 100 psi (175 psi max)|
|Air Compressor Type:||Belt-driven, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw|
|Weight (wet):||Approximately 150 lbs (68 kg)|
|Throttle Control:||Variable speed; adjusts truck engine speed automatically to match air demand.|
|Optional Model (VR70G):||Includes Standby Mode which reduces vehicle idling time; adjustable parameters (see UNDERHOOD70-G for details)|
|Warranty:||Two years on all major components; VMAC air-ends are covered by VMAC’s Lifetime Limited Warranty; for details, visit www.vmacair.com/warranty.|
*Actual maximum CFM output of the air compressor varies by vehicle application. See Application List for details.
- Looking for new ways to save time and make more money in tire service business? Find the secret industry leaders have known for years: the VMAC UNDERHOOD air compressor systems helps you get to more jobs every day and reduces your average job time by 10 minutes. Time is money and the VMAC VR70 UNDERHOOD air compressor system gets you more of both.
- VMAC has revolutionized the mobile compressed air industry with patented Rotary Screw compressor system technology. Go Green! Save valuable hitch/deck space and reduce operating costs by mounting your 70 CFM, 150 psi air compressor underhood with a VMAC UNDERHOOD 70 CFM Air Compressor
- VMAC UNDERHOOD air compressor in operation