Multifunction – 6-in-1 – Oilman series Power System
For industrial jobsites with flammable gasses present, there is no better system.
The VMAC Multifunction – Oilman Series includes everything you need for safe operations on any jobsite in a single compact system. This self-contained system can be fully integrated into any diesel work truck fuel system or skid-mounted for stand-alone applications with an optional external fuel tank.
Why is a Positive Air Shutoff System (PASS) required?
According to Headwind Solutions, the manufacturer of the Shocker PASS® used on VMAC’s Multifunction 6-in-1 – Oilman Series, a Positive Air Shutoff System is a necessity for anyone with a diesel engine that may come in contact with natural gas, propane, or any other flammable gasses. A small leak of flammable gas is likely to cause a diesel engine to “run away”, causing catastrophic damage to the engine, and surrounding area as it explodes.
A diesel engine will utilize any fuel available, and flammable gas in the air is more than enough to keep a diesel engine running, even when the key is removed. Once a diesel engine gets a supply of flammable gas from the air, it will run indefinitely or to the point of catastrophic failure. The only way to prevent and stop this is to shut off the air supply to the engine, starving it of fuel.
The Shocker PASS® is capable of automatically sensing high-revving “run away” situations, and will automatically shut the valve, closing the air supply to the engine to protect the engine itself, as well as property and personnel in the area.
- 45 CFM Rotary Screw Air Compressor
- 8 kW Continuous AC Generator
- 250 A DC Welder (adjustable)
- 12-48 V Battery Booster (adjustable)
- 12-48 V Battery Charger (adjustable)
- 2,800 RPM Power Take-off Port
- 10GPM @ 2800psi (max) Hydraulic Pump
- Factory-installed Cold Climate Kit – 120 V, tested to -40°F (-40°C)
- Shocker PASS®
Applications – Common jobs that use 6-In-1 Power Systems:
- Industrial jobsites with flammable gases present
- Oil & gas leases
- Mobile heavy duty mechanics
- Heavy equipment repair technicians
- Remote access jobs in mining, logging and oil & gas
Oil-injected rotary screw; belt-driven; 45 CFM @ 100 psi,100% duty cycle; Up to 175 psi.
AC/DC GENERATOR/WELDER/BATTERY CHARGER/BOOSTER
GENERATOR/WELDER CONTROL BOX
GENSET Voltage selector; Welding Current control and ARC force; Socket for optional Remote Welding Control.
KUBOTA DIESEL D902 ENGINE
3-cylinder, naturally aspirated 3,600 RPM, Tier 4 Final.
Clutched SAE ‘A’ port with 9-toothed spline, 2,800 RPM output;35 ft-lb continuous torque (max).
CONTROL/DIGITAL DISPLAY BOX
Remoted mounted; electronic key switch;selector switches for PTO/GENSET/COMPRESSOR;LCD for compressor on/off controls, observing system status and adjusting parameters
Included AC Delco 12V, 460 CCA, 575 CA
AIR/OIL SEPARATOR TANK
Separates compressor oil from compressed air.
POSITIVE AIR SHUTOFF SYSTEM (PASS)
Shocker PASS® automatically senses high-revving engines situations and closes the air supply to the engine.
Air Compressor Output
45 CFM @ 100 psi (175 psi max)
Air Compressor Type
Belt-driven, 100% duty cycle, VMAC oil-injected rotary screw
Kubota Diesel D902 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated 3,600 RPM, Tier 4 Final
• 8 kW continuous output
• 1 x 30A, 240V, 60Hz 3 phase circuit (w/wo receptacles)
• 2 x 20A, 120V, 60Hz single phase circuit (w/wo receptacles)
- DC: For battery boosting/charging; other DC loads
• Boost – 300A max @ 13V; Charge – 12V,24V,36V,48V
• CC mode for SMAW and GTAW (stick/TIG welding)
• 250A @ 35% duty cycle; 190A @ 60% duty cycle
Power Take-off Port
Clutched SAE ‘A’ port with 9-toothed spline, 2,800 RPM output, 35 ft-lbs continuous torque max (Patented)
Hydraulic Pump (optional)
10 GPM @ 3500 psi (max)
2-speed throttle, responds to air demand
AC Delco 12 V, 460 CCA, 575 CA
- Customizable digital controls
- Remote mounted generator/welder and compressor control panels
- Any one function or all three can be selected at any time
- Engine auto-restarts with air demand
- Separate selector switches engage compressor, generator and PTO
- With compressor only selected, and sustained periods of no air use, the control system will shut down the engine
- With any other function selected, the engine will not shut down automatically
- Programmable auto restart for cold temperature or low battery voltage
Cold Climate Protection
- Adjustable glow plug control.
- Engine and compressor will wait till the temperatures are above 4°F (5°C) before loading and going into a running state.
- Engine will automatically restart when system temperature falls below 23°F (-5°C); small heat strip included in LCD Digital Control Box.
- Battery jump start connections are recommended to be tied into the truck batteries in locations where extreme cold is expected. It is not necessary in mild climates.
Positive Air Shutoff System (PASS)
“Shocker” PASS automatically senses high-revving engines situations and closes the air supply to the engine.
Approximately 575 lbs (261 kg)
33” (l) x 23” (w) x 29” (h); 83.8 cm (l) x 58.4 cm (w) x 73.7 cm (h);;Mounting Plate: 20” (l) x 20” (w); 50.8 cm (l) x 50.8 cm (w)
Decibels (dB) @ 21 feet (6.4 meters)
81.2 dB at high idle, 76 dB at low idle, 0 dB in Standby Mode
Fuel Supply Options
- 7-Gallon tank with fuel gauge and low fuel shut-off sensor
- External Diesel Fuel Pump Kit
Air Receiver Tank (recommended, not included)
Minimum 10-Gallon Air Receiver Tank – Recommended for proper operation of all functions.
- Two years on all major components; VMAC air ends are covered by VMAC’s Lifetime Warranty; the Kubota engine is covered by Kubota’s 2-Year warranty.
- For more information about VMAC’s or Kubota’s warranty policies, visit www.vmacair.com/warranty